This story came from our community newspaper. Click here to read the full newspaper.
Being a neighbourhood housing coach is a very varied job and no two days are the same. My diary can be set in the morning, but as my role is reactive, my plans can change at short notice depending on the needs of our customers.
A typical day could include:
- Attending a property letting – this is when I meet a customer at their new home to sign their tenancy agreement and hand over the keys. During this meeting I chat with them to ensure they are fully aware of their rights and responsibilities as a new Hafod customer
- Assisting customers to source housing items, through local charities and government grants
- Supporting customers to identify and engage with other services based on their needs, and work in partnership with these services to ensure that their needs are being met
- Meeting with customers on site to talk about issues and concerns within their community and look at ways in which we can work together to help improve the community
- Dealing with customers concerns in relation to their tenancies
- Offering support and advice to customers who are dealing with personal emergencies
- Attending external meetings with partnership organisations to ensure our customers are benefiting from other services
- Working closely with our customers that have been victims of domestic abuse ensuring that their safety is being maintained
- Dealing with customer complaints, including anti-social behaviour issues
- Arranging to visit customers when issues arise and they need support or assistance with tenancy issues
As you can see, as neighbourhood housing coaches we react to our customers ever-changing needs which means every day is different and makes the role challenging, enjoyable and rewarding.
We are here to support and help you with any tenancy issues you have, to ensure you remain in your home and are happy in your community.
Please feel free to contact us for a chat and to see how we are able to help you. You can get in touch with your neighbourhood coaches by calling 0800 024 8968 or emailing email@example.com