Our customer charter
Our customer charter sets out how we will work with you as customers to achieve the ambitions you have for you, your families and communities.
Our customer charter embraces everyone who lives in our homes and communities whatever kind of housing they live in or service they access including extra care, nursing homes, supported housing, homecare and affordable housing.
It applies to everything we do – from community activities, local housing management, repairs and maintenance through to top level decisions. Hafod believes that it is essential that you and the communities you live in decide what is important.
We are committed to work with you to:
- come up with your own plans and ideas
- define what success will look like for you and your community
- agree what support you need to be succesful
- be imaginative and creative
- share what goes well and what doesn’t go so well so that other people can learn from your experience
- identify other groups and agencies who can help
We all bring something
Our customer charter recognises that everyone has skills, knowledge and experience that are assets to you and your community.We will help and support you put your ideas into action.
Our responsibilities include:
- developing relationships with customers
- helping customers achieve their goals
- supporting the community
- providing advice
- promoting employment and training opportunities
- behaving in accordance with Hafod’s values
Other ‘assets’ can be tapped into to support plans and activities including local community groups, churches, sports clubs and family members.
What does success look like?
Our customer charter will make sure that customers and communities will define what success looks like.
We will know if we have been succesful if:
- customers look forward to becoming involved and others want to participate
- customers have a voice and influence over their homes and services
- there is better planning, shared power and meaningful outcomes
- there is good two-way communication between colleagues and customers
- fresh ideas are being brought to the table
- there is mutual respect and appreciation leading to less conflict between customers and Hafod and within communities
- all customers have opportunities to take part
- customers, colleagues and communities are happy!