To help you understand more about what we believe in and what we plan to do, we’ve put together the information below for you to find out more about our approach to tackling discrimination and equality.
As an organisation we are on a journey that embraces equality, diversity and inclusion for our customers and communities alongside the colleagues and teams that work across Hafod. Our mission is clear. We are about making lives better and putting our customers and communities first. These values are essential and represent our ways of working to deliver services and homes for so many people. We are focusing on challenging inequalities in the workplace and our communities making equality essential in all we do.
Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of our communities and our customers and that all interactions with our organisation are free from discrimination and bias. We are committed to ensuring that we embrace ways of working that enable our customers and colleagues to be themselves and be treated with respect, consideration and compassion at all times.
Our commitment is to:
- Promote, champion and celebrate equality, diversity and inclusion
- Represent our diverse communities
- Remove bias and inequalities in our work with customers and colleagues
- Collate and publish meaningful EDI data
- Grow and learn about EDI together
These are the key actions we have highlighted to help us deliver our aims:
- Set up a steering group of colleagues and customers to focus on EDI
- Create a colleagues champion group who aim to challenge, learn and share learning helping Hafod become a more inclusive organisation. Pledge commitment to organisations such as Time to Change Wales and Tai Pawb
- Celebrate diversity in our internal communications
- Stand up against discriminatory behaviours
- Involve customers in recruitment activities
- Provide training to all colleagues and involved customer groups
- Report annually to ensure services are inclusive
Thank you to everyone who shared their feedback and views about our approach to tackling discrimination and equality.
To read our draft Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy, click here. If you’re interested in joining a discussion group on this topic, please email email@example.com and one of our team will be in touch.