Vacancy – Hendre Group Chair
The Hendre Group is one of the leading providers of care, support and social housing in South Wales. Formed in 2002, Hendre provides care and support services to over 20,000 people in their own homes, its’ supported housing or in residential care homes.
It has 6,000 properties, a turnover in excess of £55 million per annum and employs more than 1400 people across 9 local authorities in Wales.
Hendre has been actively strengthening its governance arrangements to foster a robust, sustainable approach to developing and delivering its services. Hendre is seeking an experienced Chair to lead its main non-executive Board.
The Chair will be at the forefront of leading cultural change, increasing the Board’s oversight and control, and driving the Executive Team to deliver high standards of service and performance across the organisation and deliver against priorities.
- Leading the Group’s Non-Executive Directors and the Executive Team, you will play a key role in in the development of the organisation’s Strategic Plan and in the monitoring of progress against key objectives.
- In strengthening the governance arrangements, you will ensure an appropriate, high performing culture and continuous improvement, supported by clear values, behaviours, systems and processes to facilitate effective working amongst Board members and with regard to the Board’s interaction with the Executive and other Committees.
- You will play an active ambassadorial role, representing the organisation and acting as a spokesperson; delegating such duties to the Deputy Chair, where appropriate
- You will possess significant leadership experience with a demonstrable track record of serving on a Board in a non-executive capacity. You will be expected to evidence an understanding of the dynamic between NEDs and the Executive and best practice governance arrangements to maximise effective working and operations.
- With experience of working in a large organisation of comparable complexity, you will be familiar with the requirements and demands of working strategically and possess commercial acumen and/or financial competency.
- A highly credible ambassador, you will play a key role in building and maintaining high quality stakeholder and customer relationships to safeguard and further the Group’s objectives.
- You will have a strong sense of social good and be committed to Hendre’s goal of “Making Lives Better” for its customers and its communities.
The candidate brief can be downloaded here.
To apply, please submit your CV and Covering Letter noting 0211_GT_Hendre in your application via the Goodson Thomas website:
All applications will be acknowledged. Deadline for applications: Midday, Friday 6th March 2020
Initial interviews: w/c 23rd and w/c 30th March 2020
Final Panel interviews: Thursday 23rd April 2020