Proud of your patch? Enter our gardening competition. You could win a B&Q voucher!
We’re encouraging our tenants and their families to get growing in their gardens as part of our ‘Hafod in bloom’ competition.
There are a number of categories available to enter and a range of great prizes up for grabs!
Which category should I enter?
- Tallest sunflower and healthiest sunflower – We’re looking for both Hafod’s tallest and healthiest sunflowers! Free sunflower seeds are available from your Neighbourhood Coach – email email@example.com
- Mini garden – For those with smaller spaces and plants in containers, on windowsills, hanging baskets or a patio area.
- General gardens – A chance for all gardens to show off their unique charm. Anything from a patio haven, to a green and leafy space – all gardens are welcome!
- Best veg patch – For vegetable patches of all shapes and sizes.
What could I win?
- First place: £60
- Second place: £40
- Third place: £20
- First place: £30 (plus a bee hotel)
- Second place: £20
- Third place: £10
How do I enter?
Entries for all categories open on 31 May. The deadline for entries is 31 August.
Ways to enter:
- Submit a photo of your entry on the category posts in your local Facebook #Connect group:
- If you don’t use Facebook, contact your Neighbourhood Coach or email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a photo of your entry
- If you are unable to take a photo of your entry, contact your Neighbourhood Coach or email email@example.com to arrange for a coach to come out and take a photo of your entry (subject to Covid-19 restrictions)
Contact a Neighbourhood Coach:
- Tomas Jackson
- Kate Vokes
- Eira Watts
- Fatoma Yarwood
- Gemma Hart-Evans
- Lisa Lee
- Jan Bruton
- Amy Jones
- Cerrys Burnell
- Adele Richards
- Sarah Owen
- Nicola Draper
Who will be judging the entries?
- Alison Clements, our Head Of Housing
- Eira Watts, one of our Neighbourhood Assistants
- Two of our landscaping contractors – Kevin Tamplin, Grounds Maintenance Manager at TR33, and David Williams, Senior Associate Surveyor at Countrywide Surveyors.
Judging will take place at the beginning of September. There will be the possibility of attending site to judge too (subject to Covid-19 restrictions).
Good luck and happy growing!
Image credit: Unsplash