Hafod in Bloom is back for its second year and we can’t wait to see all your wonderful entries. We’re encouraging our tenants and their families to put their gardening skills to the test, this year with two categories: best sunflower and best garden.
Both categories can be entered by everyone and there are great prizes up for grabs!
The categories this year are:
- Best sunflower – Love growing sunflowers? This is the competition for you! Get growing, and show us your best sunflower. Free sunflower seeds are available from your Neighbourhood Coach – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Best garden – Whether you’ve got a lovely lawn, patio haven, wonderful windowsill, or even a hanging basket that’s a sight to behold, gardens of all shapes and sizes are welcome!
Top tips for growing your garden paradise:
- Choose where you want to plant – see where the sun hits in your garden to pick the best spot.
- Pick how you want to store plants – if you have a smaller garden or want to grow indoors, containers and pots are a great way to store plants.
- Know when your plants need water – a good way of checking if your plants need water is to push your finger one inch (or one knuckle) down into the soil. If it’s dry, it’s time to water.
How do I enter?
Entries for all categories open on 18 April.
Ways to enter:
- From 18 April, submit a photo of your entry on the category posts in your local Facebook #Connect group:
- Alternatively, contact your Neighbourhood Coach or email email@example.com to submit a photo of your entry
- If you are unable to take a photo of your entry, please contact your Neighbourhood Coach or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for them to come out and take a photo of your entry
Contact a Neighbourhood Coach:
- Tomas Jackson
- Kate Vokes
- Eira Watts
- Fatoma Yarwood
- Gemma Hart-Evans
- Lisa Lee
- Jan Bruton
- Amy Jones
- Cerrys Burnell
- Adele Richards
- Sarah Owen
- Nicola Draper
Click here to see last year’s green-fingered winners.
Good luck and happy growing!
Image credit: Unsplash