Chief Executive Jas Bains comments on the Parliamentary Review of Health and Social Care in Wales
Responding to today’s publication of the report, Jas Bains, Chief Executive of Hafod said:
“We welcome today’s publication of the Parliamentary Review of Health and Social Care in Wales and the opportunity it offers housing organisations to play a more significant role in delivering an integrated health and social care service.”
Hafod shares many of the views highlighted in the report. From our perspective:-
- The report recognises the value of integrating health, care and housing with a focus on community based services.
- We particularly welcome the role identified for citizens and local communities in the provision and delivery of services.
- We support the principle of a seamless service of single providers supporting people along different stages of their personal journey.
- We welcome the requirement for co-ordinated intervention across departments and budgets to foster better co-operation and collaborative problem-solving.
- We commend the opportunity to reconfigure existing provision to develop new services in new settings and new partnerships.
- The increased emphasis on partnerships provides the ability to drive change through more and different collaboration.
- The report moves away from the idea that change should continue to be primarily state-driven.
- The report raises fundamental questions about the new leadership model required.
- Taking an evidence-led approach will be crucial to the success of the report.