To assess your application and manage our contract with you
We use the information we hold about you to manage your tenancy, leasehold or support agreement and deliver the necessary services to you. This information is required for contractual reasons and consequently you are not able to choose whether or not you provide information for these purposes.
There are a number of situations where it is within our legitimate interest to use your data for specific purposes. We have measures in place to ensure our legitimate interests do not outweigh your rights and freedoms. However, if you feel this isn’t the case you can raise your concerns with us.
We consider that in some circumstances we have a legitimate interest to ensure that:
- our services/properties meet the needs of our customers/service users
- we can contact residents in the event of emergencies and to carry out essential repairs
- we communicate with residents to meet our business objectives, encourage social inclusion and help build communities
- work with authorities and the police to support safer communities
- Hafod remains commercially viable and protects its commercial and social assets
- we have effective procedures for preventing, and managing, outstanding debt resulting from unpaid rents and charges
- we make the most efficient use of our resources and we understand how we are performing; and
- we understand our resident’s experiences and views so that we can effectively influence and contribute to debates on future housing strategies
- we manage the health and safety of our customers including our legal requirement to report applicable accidents