Hendre and its subsidiary companies Hafod Housing, Hafod Care and Hafod Resources are the “Data Controllers” of the personal data that you have provided to us or that has been disclosed to us by others, for example the Local Councils. We are required to manage your data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Our address is St Hilary Court, Copthorne Way, Cardiff CF5 6ES.
This privacy notice explains what information we collect and why, who we may share it with, how long we keep it, what your rights are in relation to it, and how you can contact us or the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you have any questions or complaints.
What information do we collect?
Whether you are a tenant, lease holder, service user or care resident, we need specific information to make sure we meet our contractual obligations to you as either a landlord or care/support provider. We will use your information to deliver the service to you, for example to meet your care/support and accommodation needs.
If you are not a current customer but are applying to us for accommodation and or services, we will use your data to assess your application and measure this against our ability to deliver to your needs.
The information we will need you to provide us with, or which we may receive about you from others, will depend on the service we are providing to you. For example, we would require detailed health information if you are a resident of one of our care facilities, where as we would not require this information if you were a general needs tenant.
Others who may provide us with information about you include:
- local councils and central government departments such as the Department of Work and Pensions
- local authorities, health and social care professionals, previous care providers
- previous landlords and credit agencies
- home Office, local authorities
- police and other public authority fraud departments and local authorities
- other residents
- family/Power of Attorney/Lasting Power of Attorney
We may hold some or all of the following information (this is not an exhaustive list):
- your name
- the name of any others who live with you in your property including children
- date of birth
- telephone number and email address
- national insurance number and NHS number
- benefit reference number and record of benefits
- financial information other than debt history
- bank account number and sort code
- health information which may include care records
- medical information
- equality monitoring data (ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, marital status and sexuality)
- any relevant criminal convictions and allegations of including antisocial behaviour
- responses to surveys and research
- next of kin
- photographs and CCTV
- telephone call recording when you call our offices
- notes and records on conversations and correspondence between us