Moving out

If you wish to end your tenancy please contact us so we can talk you through what you need to do.

You will need to give us written notice, you can do this by email, and your notice period will depend on the type of tenancy you have.

We will advise you how and when to return your keys and arrange to visit you to carry out an end of tenancy inspection.

Here are a few things you need to know about moving out:

  • Your property needs to be left in the same condition as when you moved in with all belongings and rubbish removed, including from the garden, shed and driveway if you have one
  • Please ensure it is clean and will not need further cleaning by us
  • There must be no damage or vandalism
  • Walls, ceilings, floor and woodwork must be left in a reasonable condition

Swap your home

Swapping your home is where two or more tenants swap homes and tenancies. It is often the quickest way to move to another area or different sized property.

Register for free with HomeSwapper, this helps you find tenants both locally and in other areas who want to move. You can apply for a swap if you have an assured or secure tenancy.

You will need written permission from us to go ahead with your swap. We won’t be able to grant this if any of the following applies:

  • You have a possession order against you
  • You have been served with a notice seeking possession
  • The property you want to move to is substantially too big or too small for your household
  • The property you want to move to has disabled facilities which you don’t need

If you have an assured shorthold or starter tenancy or live in a Welsh Housing Partnership property you will be unable to swap your home.