Need help to pay your rent?

If you need assistance with your rent or have missed a payment please contact us as soon as possible so we can help.

When are rent payments due?

All payments for rent and service charges are due in advance. If you pay weekly, payments need to be made by Monday to avoid your account falling into arrears. You can also opt to pay monthly, fortnightly or four weekly but these payments also need to be in advance.

How can you pay your rent?

It’s important that you pay your rent on time and there are a number of easy options available:


Bank transfer

You can transfer money from your bank account direct to your rent account. This is easy to do on our Hafod 24/7 app at a time that suits you. Alternatively you can call us on 0800 024 8968 or contact us on our enquiries form below and we will provide you with details on how to do this. 

Direct debit

You can set up a new direct debit or change an existing one on our Hafod 24/7 app at a time that suits you. Alternatively you can call us on 0800 024 8968 Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 4.30pm.

Housing benefit

If you are on a low income you may be entitled to claim housing benefit to pay some or all of your rent. Please contact your local council office to make a claim. Alternatively our Smart Money advisors may be able to assist you with your claim. Call us on 0800 024 8968 or contact us below.


  • Visit Allpay – you will need your Allpay payment card to use this service.
  • Download our Hafod 24/7 app.


You can use your Allpay payment card in any outlet that displays the PayPoint sign. Details of all PayPoint outlets can be found by visiting their website.


  • If you have an Allpay payment card you can call the Allpay 24hr payment line on 0844 557 8321.


You can send cheques (not cash) by post. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Hafod Housing Association’ and posted to St Hilary Court, Copthorne Way, Cardiff, CF5 6ES.  Please ensure you write your address and/or tenancy number on the back of your cheque.

Post office

You can use your Allpay payment card at any Post Office to pay by cash, cheque or debit card.

Universal Credit

If you are claiming Universal Credit (UC) you may be entitled to receive the housing element which is a payment towards your rent included in your monthly UC payment. You will then need to pay this to your rent account using one of the payments methods listed above.