Moving out 

Before moving out you need to give us written notice, which you can do by email or letter. Your notice period will depend on the type of contract you have, in most cases you are required to give one months' notice. If you live in Rhondda Cynon Taff or Cardiff and moving from one housing association to another, the notice required is two weeks.

Once we have received your written notice, we will advise you how and when to return your keys.

Here are a few things you need to know about moving out: 

  • Your property needs to be left in the same condition as when you moved in with all belongings and rubbish removed, including from the attic, garden, shed and driveway if you have one 

  • Please ensure it is clean and will not need further cleaning by us 

  • There must be no damage or vandalism 

  • Walls, ceilings, floor and woodwork must be left in a reasonable condition 


Transferring your secure contract  

Transferring your contract is where you can transfer your contract to another person. This could lead to you being able to swap homes with another or multiple contract holder/s. It is often the quickest way to move to another area or different sized property. 

You can register for free with HomeSwapper, this helps you find contract holders both locally and in other areas who want to move. 

You will need to request a transfer in writing by email or letter and provide us with the following details: name, address and contact number for yourself and the transferee. 

We won’t be able to grant your transfer request if any of the following applies: 

  • You have a possession order against you 

  • You have been served with a notice seeking possession 

  • You have rent arrears 

  • The property is substantially too big or too small for your household 

  • The property has disabled facilities which you don’t need