Welsh Housing Partnership
Are you looking for a home but can’t afford the current market rent prices? This scheme may be for you.
What is the Welsh Housing Partnership (WHP)?
Set up in 2011, the WHP is made up of four housing associations in Wales including ourselves, Costal Housing Group, Grŵp Cynefin and Pobl Group. This scheme aims to provide good quality and affordable rented housing for working people who are unable to access home ownership or social housing. For more information, click here.
Who is the scheme for?
The scheme is aimed at those who are working but need to find somewhere new to live due to their current home being too expensive or unsuitable for their needs.
To be eligible to apply an applicant must:
- be aged 18+
- be employed
- have a gross total household income in the region of £18,000 – £35,000 per annum
- have lived or worked in the locality for the last six months
- be a UK citizen or EU/EEA passport holder or have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ stamped in their passport
In addition, applicants must also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- be in housing which is unaffordable
- be in housing which has no security of tenure
- be in accommodation which is not appropriate for the household’s needs
- be living in overcrowded conditions
- need to be closer to work
- be at risk of becoming homeless
The homes are not available to those who:
- are not UK citizens or EU/EEA passport holders or whose passports are not stamped with ‘indefinite leave to remain’
- have a financial interest in a property
- are not in either full or part-time employment
- can afford market rents for a property suitable for their needs
How much is the rent?
Rents will be charged at no more than 90% of the market rent.
Is a deposit needed?
A deposit of one month’s rent will need to be paid up front.
How are properties allocated?
The properties will be allocated on a first come, first served basis to those applicants meeting the required criteria.
Are the properties furnished?
All properties are unfurnished.