Top tips for saving energy through changing your bathroom habits. Remember, it all adds up!
- Use a clothes horse rather than putting clothes on a radiator as this can block the heat flow.
- Rather than iron, hang your clothes up in the bathroom when you have a shower. The steam can help to get the creases out.
- Turn the shower off while you wait for your shampoo and conditioner sink it when washing your hair.
- Open your bathroom door and window (if you have one) after a shower or bath to help prevent damp. 10 minutes should be enough!
- Adjust your extractor fan timer (if you can) so it only runs for the time needed to remove condensation.
- Showering in 4 minutes is the recommended time to save power and reduce bills.