We’ve teamed up with our contractors Liberty Gas to give you top tips about how you can keep your home warm this winter.
- Turning down your thermostat is an easy way to save money on your heating bills and could save you up to £80 a year.
- Draught proofing your home is one of the cheapest ways to make your home more energy efficient. Cold air from the outside can make its way into your home from tiny gaps so make sure your home is sealed. Try using draught excluders or thermal curtains.
- Control individual room temperatures and avoid overheating unused areas of your home by using thermostatic radiator valves (TRVs).
- Turning down the heating flow temperature to 54 degrees or below on your condensing combi boiler can reduce the amount of gas needed to heat your home by around 6-8%. This means that the water flowing inside your radiators will be a little cooler but your room should be just as warm.
- Keep the doors closed in rooms you’re not using or heating as this helps to minimise the risk of condensation and mould.