Report a repair
If you need to report a repair please submit your request on this page.
We continue to follow Welsh Government guidelines and are continually assessing what repairs we can offer. Our priority is to keep you and our colleagues safe.
We will continue:
- all safety work required by law including gas and electrical servicing within customers’ homes and we ask you to ensure you give us access
- work inside empty homes and work that can be carried out safely outdoors such as outside property maintenance and grounds work
- caretaking and communal area inspections and repairs
- communal cleaning and grounds maintenance
Before any work is started our Repairs team will perform a risk assessment and talk with tenants. If it’s safe to do so, the work will be completed.
You should let us know if:
- you or a member of your household has Covid-19 symptoms
- someone in your home is self-isolating
- you would prefer to postpone our visit until another time*
*Please note there are some types of work we must carry out by law and won’t be able to postpone them so we will work with you to arrange the safest way we can do this for you and our colleagues.
You can report a repair by:
- Using Hafod 24/7 which is available on Android and Apple devices
- Calling our Customer Service team between 8:30am and 4:30pm Monday to Friday on 0800 024 8968
- Completing our repair request form below
Central heating repairs
Central heating repairs can be reported directly to our contractor, Liberty Gas, on freephone 0800 328 4322.
For emergencies ONLY, outside of office hours, please call 0800 024 8968.
What happens after you submit a repair?
Our experienced team of advisors will provide you with a reference number for your repair. Confirmation of the repair will be sent to you detailing the works required, the date the job should be completed by and the name of the contractor who will carry out the work.
You will also be sent a satisfaction slip to be returned in a freepost envelope to help us monitor how we and our contractors are performing and you will be entered into a free prize draw.It may be necessary for one of our maintenance surveyors to visit your home and assess the full extent of the repairs required.
We will arrange a mutually convenient time and date with you and we will endeavour to complete the repair within the specified time scales.
All repairs are categorised into priority timescales depending on the nature of the problem and the urgency of work required. Below are example maintenance problems and their priority timescales.
Category A (Emergency): within 24 hours
Blocked foul drain, a collapsed wall, severe roof leak, dangerous structures or communal door locks where security is at risk.
Category B (Urgent): within 7 days
Door entry system not working or minor electrical repairs.
Category C (Non-Urgent): within 14 days
Minor carpentry repairs, leaking rainwater pipes or replacement fencing.
What repairs are we responsible for?
- Windows and external doors
- Heating systems
- Kitchen units
- Internal walls
- Roofs and gutters
- External walls
What repairs are you responsible for?
You are responsible for:
- Damage by a member of your household or visitor
- Replacing lost keys and locks
- Curtain tracks
- Toilet seats
- Plugs and chains to sinks and baths
- Broken glass (unless a crime number is presented)
- Electric light bulbs
- Minor cracks to plasterwork
- Electric/gas meters
- Moving satellite receivers if we are erecting scaffolding to carry out essential works
- Internal decoration (not including communal areas)
- Upkeep of gardens so that they stay within the property boundary
What is an emergency repair?
Emergency repairs are those that are essential to protect your health and safety or to prevent any serious damage to your home.
Emergency repairs include:
- Gas servicing
- Electrical servicing
- Gas leaks
- Carbon monoxide alarm alerts
- Burst Water Pipes
- Blocked toilet when sole toilet in dwelling
- Lift failure
- Unstable brickwork
- No electricity
- Broken windows
- Loss of all heating
- Bad roof leaks
- Securing the property following incidents of racial harassment, fire, domestic violence or police activity
- Where a situation arises which is clearly an emergency because of the tenants circumstances (e.g. newborn baby, disabilities, support needs etc)
Submit a repair request