When we: Replace your kitchen
Why’s the work being done?
We regularly check the kitchen in our homes to make sure:
- The kitchen’s condition, we expect your kitchen to last a minimum of 16 years
- It has enough space and the layout’s good
If your kitchen needs, or is due, to be replaced, one of our team will be in touch to book in a time to come and talk about it.
What you need to do
- You’ll be able to choose the style and colour of the kitchen units, worktop, wall tiles, vinyl flooring and wall-paint colour from the samples we offer
- Once you’ve made your choices, the kitchen will be made, and a we’ll agree on a date with you for work to begin
- By the time we come to do the work, you’ll need to have cleared all your work surfaces, cupboards and moved your fridge, freezer, washing machine etc out the way, into another room
- Please remember – when we’re working in your home, we’ll need an adult (someone 18 or above) to be there too.
What work is involved?
- Replace your kitchen units
- Replace your worktop, kitchen sink/taps
- Replace the vinyl floor covering
- Replace the wall tiles
- Replace electrical sockets
- Patch repair the wall plaster, if needed
- Paint your walls, ceiling and woodwork
- Replace or add in an extractor fan
If you want to, you’ll have the chance to buy extra kitchen wall units too.
Work will take around two weeks. Having a kitchen replaced can be quite disruptive. You don’t realise how much you use the kitchen until it’s not there! We will make sure your sink is reconnected at the end of each day, and your cooker is reconnected in the same place at the end of the work.